------------Indian Welcoming Committee-----------

------------Indian Welcoming Committee-----------

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Dolla dolla bill y'all!


We interrupt Thailand updates to bring you this important piece of news: I won two out of 3 Fantasy Football leagues this year. Now that's pretty solid work I must say so myself.

This news is a little bit delayed as the fantasy football season has been over for several weeks now, but it is noteworthy. What brings it up to mind now though is that I have yet to receive my windfall for this football domination. I'm going to have to get pro-active about that -- I may be in India but that doesn't mean I don't want my victory money! :)

The two leagues I won each had a $20 entry fee. With 10 teams in each league, that's a pretty solid payday! Time to pay up.

Congrats to Noah Acres who won the only league I didn't win. I only managed to make the semifinals in that one. Man 2 championships and one semifinals appearance out of 3 leagues, that is a pretty dominant season of football. One for the ages. All of this from INDIA no less. Just proves that you either have a knack for finding talent or you don't. I should do this professionally.

For posterity, here are my championship game starting lineups for both leagues:

----------------------------------------------------------

League: Is that something... (individual defenders in this one)

Position Player Stats Fantasy Pts
QB Michael Vick 109 pass, 2 INT, 32 rush -1
WR Andre Johnson 48 receiving 3
WR Larry Fitzgerald 93 receiving, 1 TD 12
RB Larry Johnson 135 rush, 1 TD 15
RB Jamal Lewis 77 rush, 1 TD, 21 rec 12
TE Vernon Davis 91 receiving 6
W/R Ron Dayne 153 rush, 2 TD 22
K Jeff Wilkins 1 FG, 4 PAT 7
D Julius Peppers 2 Tackle, 2 sack 8
D Jared Allen 2 t, 1 sac, 2 fum rec 14
D Carlos Rogers 5 tackle 5
DB Kerry Rhodes 1 tackle 1
DB Antoine Winfield 8 t, 1 fum rec, 4 p def
15
DL Robert Mathis 3 tackle 3
DL Brian Urlacher 2 tackle, 1 pass def 3



TOTAL 125

----------------------------------------------------------

League: Google 06 (team Defense, different scoring system)

Position Player Stats Fantasy Pts
QB Michael Vick 109 pass, 2 INT, 32 rush 3.56
WR Andre Johnson 48 receiving 4.8
WR Roy Williams 79 rec, 1 TD 13.9
RB Steven Jackson 150 rush, 102 rec, 2 TD 34.2
RB Brian Westbrook 122 rush 12.8
TE Kellen Winslow 27 rec 2.7
W/R Ron Dayne 153 rush, 2 TD 27.6
K Adam Vinatieri 1 FG, 3 PAT 6
DEF Pittsburgh 31 Pts allow, 2 INT 5



TOTAL 110.56

----------------------------------------------------------

Here's a big shout out to all my players, (Ron Dayne you da man! Ron Mexico (AKA Vick) I'll forgive you for that clunker because you did give me a solid season...just don't do it again...), and a toast to '06. Get ready for next season boys! What country should I beat you from this time? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. And you make me laugh!

Unknown said...

Hey I know it's not my blog or anything but you left out the fact that I've won that league TWO years in a row now.

Maybe it's not a big deal to you but at 26, this is my greatest accomplishment thus far.