------------Indian Welcoming Committee-----------

------------Indian Welcoming Committee-----------

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Why "Paneer Belly"?

Mattar paneer dish

In case you were wondering, why is this blog called 'Paneer Belly', let me explain.

Paneer is a very common dish here in India. As the wikipedia link will tell you, it is the is the most common Indian form of CHEESE. in fact it is the only kind of cheese indigenous to the Indian subcontinent. It's good. I like it. At the same time, while I do like me my Paneer, my belly likes it too, and it likes to tell me it likes it by growing to extreme states of roundness!!!! (No exercise helps there as well...but it's primarily the paneer). Anyways, hence the name paneer belly. I figured it was more interesting than 'NicInIndia' or 'IndiaNic' or 'doingadoingadoingadoingadoing'or any derivation of such. Now you know.
Me ready to head to the office

Further reading: Here's an article (by someone who dislikes Americans)...looks like we're not stopping at jobs, but are also outsourcing obesity and litigation to India as well...
(Mom, I better not let this guy know I'm American, he'll kidnap me for sure!!!)

No comments: